If you have multiple devices running Dream Studio, you can keep your user accounts in perfect sync using the Dream Studio Sync Service. This app is exclusive to Dream Studio, and keeps your apps, settings, and data synchronized with the incredible ease of setup you’ll find in all Dream Studio offerings. Here’s how it works:
1. Enable Dream Studio Sync Service
2. Choose whether you want to sync apps, settings, data, or any combination of these
3. You’re done! Dream Studio Sync Service will automatically make sure your systems stay in sync.
Who is this good for? Anyone who uses more than one Dream Studio system. The most common scenario is keeping a laptop in sync with a desktop computer. As long as both systems have a user with the same name and password, you never have to worry about synchronizing again. Install an application on one computer, and it will automatically be installed on another. Change your Ardour settings on your laptop, and as soon as you get home those settings will be transferred to your desktop. It’s easy, and nobody else offers anything like it! Here are some more of the fantastic features you’ll find in Dream Studio Sync Service:
1. It’s completely local – nothing is ever sent to or stored on remote servers; YOU retain control of all your data.
2. It’s customizable – You can sync apps, settings, and data. If, however, you want to sync all three on one device, but only apps on another, no problem! You can even choose which settings and data you don’t want to sync at all (I personally don’t sync my “Downloads” folder, or my WINE settings).
3. It works on multiple devices – 2, 3, 4… it doesn’t matter how many devices you’re syncing – it just works!
4. It works with standard Ubuntu and derivatives – Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, and Linux Mint can all use this service as well.
5. It’s GPL – it’s free as in libre, just not free as in beer (right now). This app is currently $4.99, but you get it free if you have a Dream Studio Subscription.